OAXACA: URBAN / STREET / ART / PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP FEEL THE STREETS, MEET THE TRADITION AND TAKE UNIQUES SHOTS OF OAXACA CITY
This traditional / urban / street photography workshop combines elements of documentary, cityscape, art and street photography to offer participants a unique learning experience.
With a maximum of 10 participants, this workshop is designed to help you become a transparent, confident and creative street photographer. It will combine planned shooting with coaching from your course leader, Daniel Molina. This workshop is not a ‘photo walk’ – nor this is about taking pictures of random people in random streets doing nothing in particular. This provide an immersive, intensive learning experience, designed to elevate your photography to a new level.
This workshop is as much about the ‘art’ than it is about the technical side of urban photography. As well as learning great new techniques and creative approaches, you will discover how to produce instantaneous and distinctive images which reflect life in the contemporary Oaxacan urban environment.
WHAT LEVEL IS THIS WORKSHOP?
This is for people who are familiar with their camera and have a grasp of the basic exposure settings. You may be new to the genre of street photography or you may be an experienced shooter who wants to refine and improve your technique.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to create a relationship between people and their Oaxacan environment.
- Begin to develop your own style as a street photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’.
- How to spot a photo opportunity in an everyday urban scene.
- Principles of composition in the urban landscape.
- What is ‘good light’ and how to work with it.
- Use shadow areas and negative space to stunning effect.
- Understand the technical considerations when photographing buildings.
- How to become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
WHAT THE WORKSHOP WILL LEAVE
We will make a selection of the photographs taken in the workshop to paste them on the abandoned houses facades at Down Town Oaxaca.After the workshop, you’ll be able to track your work on Instagram with the hashtag #street_art_photo_oaxaca.